Hey Everyone, hope you’ve enjoyed the day off. Here’s some news, events and information you should know about:
CNN has posted its summer internships. There are LOTS of them on all kinds of shows. Go to CNN’s career page for a complete list and apply right away. Deadlines are rolling; as soon as they are filled, they go off line. And please make sure your resume is up to date and correctly formatted. For help, click here.
#Social Media Week in @NYC
It’s Social Media Week February 18 – 22, 2013. Grab a friend and your phone and attend any of the many events. You’ll learn about Twitter, Facebook, blogging and so many other social media platforms–and how to use them for work and play. Remember, people: Social Media Manager is one of the fastest growing jobs out there. Here’s the schedule.
Sam Gronner, a CCNY alum, will hold a workshop about how to create and maximize the linked-in resume on Thursday. (You should all have one!) Here are the details:
Thursday, February 21st, 12:30pm-1:30pm in Shepard Hall room 491.
Save the Date: Calling All Hispanic Journalists!
Come meet, mingle and learn from some of the country’s top journalists based in New York City–CNN, Fox Latino, NBC and CBS! Register now, and get the student rate–$15! March 8-9, 2013 @ the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism in midtown, and you don’t have to be Hispanic to attend (of course) and students are encouraged to come! Here’s what’ll be discussed:
- Targeting U.S. Hispanics: How will new ventures better serve the Latino community
- Using social media to best brand yourself
- One man band: Separating fact from fiction
- Sports Journalism: How you can get in the game
- Yo Soy Mi Propio Jefe: How to succeed on your own
- Pitching Diversity In Newsrooms
- Resume, professional work critiques
- Career Advice & Networking Roundtables
- Switching Careers: Is it right for me?
Interested in J School?
Learn about the new and improved Columbia Journalism School (it’s around the corner @ 116 and Broadway) at the Showcase Weekend, March 7,8, 9. It’s free and informative. Click here to RSVP and see the schedule.